Kaiser Garage Doors & Gates, Inc., is looking for top performers and innovative thinkers as we continue to grow. We currently have a great career opportunity for a Garage Door Sales Representative. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years prior outside business to business sales experience in the Door and Dock (or related) Industry, technical product sales or construction building products sales experience. They will also have excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as an ability to develop relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sells commercial products to contractors, store, showroom, or customer’s place of business by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
- Calls on purchasing agents and/or superintendents of existing and potential builders.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective commercial customers to solicit orders or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates residential/commercial products, using samples and/or brochures, and emphasizes selling features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for commercial orders obtained.
- Reads builders blueprints/scopes of work in order to quote larger jobs.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules.
- Builds relationship with clients.
- Assist in collecting monies from customers who have exceeded their credit terms.
- Performs on-site inspections of jobs to start (pre-site inspection), during work and follow up.
- 3-5 years Outside Sales experience, construction industry preferred
- Ability to effectively present information & respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Attention to detail and problem solving.
- Excellent telephone, written and verbal communication skills while interfacing with all levels of staff and customers.
- Working knowledge of PC’s and related software including MS Office.
- Basic math skills required.
- Willingness to learn product and processes.
- Must have valid DL
- High School Diploma or GED, some college preferred
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- Ability to work in outside weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
We reward your hard work and success:
- Competitive Base Salary and bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, HSA and 401(k)
- Paid Time Off Plan
- Company Closes in Observance of Major Holidays